I don't know how many of you know how obsessed with the University of Kansas, my parents (and extended family, for that matter) are. Well, it is borderline crazy, but whatever...
So over Martin Luther King weekend, my parents had tickets to the University of Colorado vs. University of Kansas basketball game at Boulder. Since Chris had that Monday off, we decided to go out for the game (and get another bonus visit to see my family).
It had also been just over a FULL YEAR since I had seen my brother, his wife and their 5 kids. It was so great to see how much they had grown and to see that they hadn't forgotten us :)
It had been a long time since we made the trip by car, and we quickly remembered how much we "sort of" enjoy the 8 hour drive. The drive through the canyon on I-70 is so pretty in the winter and we always love to stop in Vail for the famous beef stew at the Red Lion Inn downtown.
Don't ask Chris to "bring all the beer he can carry," unless you really mean it!! I think he came upstairs with about 16 cans, Ha!
In our Jayhwak gear: Dad, Amy, Lindsay, Dee, Mom, Chris & Me
It was kinda sad that there was more blue and red in the stands than the home team's black and yellow... This was warming up before the game.
This is about the only shot I got of the kids (besides Oscar). They were too busy with their new Christmas present... I will mention that Moe and Chester killed me at bowling!
Oscar, isn't he the cutest thing!!??



0 comments:
Post a Comment