January 23, 2009

Happy New Year!!

I know, I know, this is only about 3 weeks late!  I have been trying to catch up from the holidays after being out of town for 2 weeks and am finally getting the house cleaned after christmas and laundry done from the trip, etc.

So, I have never really been that great at making or even keeping a new year's resolution, so this year, I decided instead that I would post a list of things we accomplished in 2008...
- We got to spend lots of time with family and friends.
- We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary!
- Chris ran a marathon, 4 5k's, The Wahsatch Steeple Chase and actually convinced me to run a 5k...
- We finally found a church that we LOVE!
- We finally bit the bullet and cleared out our garage.  Who knew 2 cars could fit so easily without all the clutter?
- We got to spend a bunch of time with Chris' grandmother, Jean, while she was in Salt Lake before she passed away.
- I served a 4th year as the Advisory Team Chairman for the Delta Gammas at the U and Chris took over the Beta Theta Pi Alumni President position.
- I was proud to get a promotion this last summer and spend the rest of the year doing several big weddings and events on my own.  Before the big "layoff," I was featured in Utah Style and Design Magazine, Utah Bride and Groom Magazine and on The BrideAccess.com Television show.
- We got to watch our friends Diana and Cailean marry each other in Lake Tahoe.
- We saved for and took our long-awaited trip to New York to see Yankee Stadium before they tore it down!
- Can you believe I started a BLOG!?  SO much easier than scrapbooking!!!
- We finally backed-up and organized all our pictures after 4 years onto a external hard drive.  Now they are all safe and sound :)
- We were forced to start demo on the nasty basement, it's been quite the soap opera!
- We cheered our Utes to a 13-0 record, our National Champions :)
- And, finally, we ended the year and kicked off a new one with a trip to Costa Rica and Panama!
K, so that doesn't sound like we did too much!  Mmm, I swear we were busy all year...

0 comments: