I have neglected the blog for about a month or so, so I guess I better get busy.
This was our second year running the Race for the Cure 5K. This race is so emotional and it always blows my mind to see how many people (survivors, family, friends and those battling the cancer) turn out for the event.
I also can't help but think of those in my life who have fought against it. My awesome Aunt Marcia, who fought it twice and Chris' Step-Grandmother, Bess, who fought it long before all the medical advancements they have now. We love both of them very much and admire their strength!
Finally, if anyone is interested, The Army of Women is a great group to join and help with the research to find a cure. I have been a member since it started last year. You can read more about it and join here.
Chris' Mom and Step-Dad, Kim and Bob, before the race began.

This was a picture from the Salt Lake Tribune, there were close to 18,000 people that participated this year!
Chris and I after the race. We finished in about 33 minutes.
We had signs that mentioned that we were running in honor of Bob's mom, Bess.
And the front :)



0 comments:
Post a Comment