June 30, 2009

These are a Few of my Favorite Things...

A couple nights ago, Chris and I were out on our (very small) front porch grilling dinner and it got me thinking about how much I love Summer.  So, I ran inside, grabbed the camera and decided to start a list of some of our favorite things about summer! In honor of finally having some sunshine, here is what we came up with... And just for the fun of it, leave a comment with some of your favorite things too :)

-Sunshine
-Fresh flowers, Peonies and hydrangea to be exact. I planted some hydrangea plants near our front porch and they are doing surprisingly great! So beautiful! 
-I also love, love, love my potted herbs. Chris and I built this little bench for all my pots. Purple and Sweet basils, lemon thyme, cilantro, spearmint, chives and lemon balm.
-Pools, and more in particular, Pool Bars :)
-Fresh Peaches, Raspberries, Tomatoes and Sweet White Corn from the Farmer's Market
-July 4th & Fireworks
-Mojitos, Cold White Wine, Ice buckets full of beer, margaritas... I'm beginning to see a trend here.
-Being outside
-Being in the mountains, camping and visiting Chris' parents' Cabin in Wyoming

-Country Jam with my Mom and Sister 
-Flip flops
-Shorts with a hoodie, my favorite outfit on a summer evening
-Bikinis (Uh, yeah, Chris added that one. Nice.)
-Beaches
-Air-conditioning
-Driving with the windows down
-Warm nights
-Boating
-BBQ's and Patios

-Our Annual Girls Trip.  This year will be the first in a long time that the trip doesn't, in some way, relate to a wedding.  Ha!

-Concerts outside (Red Butte & Usana)

-Golfing (R.I.P. University of Utah Golf Course, so sad!)

-My Birthday!
-Utah Football is almost here!

4 comments:

AOKI CIRCUS said...

You are just adorable!! and Chris too!

Aoki Family said...

You are one of my favorite things! You are do dang cute! I can't wait for our next girl's trip. :)

Rachel said...

Love Utah football with you and Mr. Chris... I think yall should all really consider coming here for the TCU/UT game... seriously.

Where are yall going on your girls trip? Ahh... I am in need of a girls trip one of these days I might actually get my act together.

L.O.V.E hydrangeas!!

lol @ your r.i.p to the U golf course. We offer great golfing here in Ft Worth- maybe when you come for the football game...

You think when you come for the game you could decorate my house while you are here?? I would really appreciate it lol

Deedra said...

-dry beds in the morning
-big mom zit takes to the concealer
-all lunch boxes, sweatshirts, and homework made it home in carpool
-box wine with math homework
-finding tissue and a h20 bottle on floorboard to change a poopie diaper
-leftovers
-no afterschool activity nights (RARE!)
-the stylish baseball hat that truly looks great with EVERYTHING
-5 fabulous kids and my high school sweetheart
These are a few of my favorite things!