A few weekends ago, us and a few of our friends threw a couples' baby shower for our friends, Ericka and Saul Weissman. They have done so much for Chris and I (including letting us crash in their basement for our first year of marriage) so we were long overdue to repay them. It was so nice to be able to celebrate the coming arrival of their first child, Baby Kate!
Our friends, Zach and Shannon, have the most beautiful house and back patio, so we loved taking advantage of that for the location. Thanks to Dan and Amanda, we were able to get all the furniture, linens and dishes to support 35 guests. Jeff and Heather coordinated dinner from Lugano's, Chris made the specialty Watermelon Cocktail, while I pitched in with the flowers. It turned out to be a great night! Now we just have to be patient and wait for the sweet baby girl to get here at the end of June!

It's so crazy to think that these guys are going to be a Mommy and Daddy soon! We love you guys!
Something seems wrong about having a signature cocktail at a baby shower, but the rest of us needed to celebrate somehow! :)
Chris made this watermelon drink AND took the time to make the cute garnishes! Yes, I was SO proud!
You know I had to take pictures of all the details!
Since it was rainy throughout the afternoon we had to move all the tables and chairs indoors.
For the group gift we got them the car seat that Ericka took a month to pick out. Based on the color, I might add! We also got them a Baby Cook from Williams Sonoma.
And what's a party without the guys' cigars?



2 comments:
It was such a great party!! I love your pictures. You did a great job capturing the event. Also, the watermelon martinis were WONDERFUL!!!
Tell Chris I expect watermelon martinis WITH beautiful garnishes at our next girls night!!
Ericka looks SO cute, I always new she would be glowing! She will be such an awesome Mommy!!
I think you are next ;-)
Post a Comment