Yep, yet again, I am EXTREMELY late on posting, but I need to catch up before it gets to be too much.
In the beginning of August, we went to Seattle to visit our friends Matt and Heather then Austin and I went on to the San Juan Islands for a wedding while Chris joined up with my family in Vancouver for another fishing trip on the Charlotte Queen.
First, we met up with Matt and Heather and stayed a couple nights with them at their apartment in the adorable neighborhood of Queen Anne in Seattle. It was definitely a completely different trip with a little one, but so fun to drag him along with us.

He thought he was so cool in his own seat on the airplane.
I wish we would have taken Austin out of his seat for this picture, but at the time he was sleeping and I wasn't willing to give up a nap.
We went to lunch near the water and went out on the docks to take some pictures after.
We're so glad Matt and Heather moved back to Salt Lake!
I left the night before Chris did, so I have no idea the trouble he and matt got into after I left ;)
Next, one of my best friends, Cyndi, was getting married in the San Juan Islands and we had been planning on going for the whole summer. A week before we left, my uncle offered Chris a free spot on his fishing boat in the Queen Victoria Islands off British Columbia. Chris was going to decline in order to help me with Austin at the wedding, but I couldn't let him turn down such an amazing trip. So, his mom, Kim, offered to go with me. She kept saying that it was the best babysitting job ever ;) Although I was completely stressed out with traveling with Austin, being a bridesmaid and also doing all the flowers, we still found time to go on an awesome whale watching tour and saw a ton of orcas. Kim ended up being a lot of help and I ended up having LOTS of help with the flowers so it turned out to be a great trip. The wedding was beautiful and we had a really good time!!
Besides the ferry over to the islands, this was Austin's first boat ride.
One of the orcas we followed
My girlfriends and I at the rehearsal.
The bridesmaids after the rehearsal dinner

This picture is a little hard to see, but it is the only one I have of all of us the night of the wedding. Cydni made her own dress and it turned out beautiful!
I took Austin down to the reception for a little while to give Kim a break.
Chris isn't here, but I wanted to add a few pictures of his fishing trip. Sorry, I don't have much commentary on them, but I know they had a great time. I even got a "thank you" card in the mail from my mom for letting him go, ha!
All my family on the big boat
Chris and Lindsay with their fish.



0 comments:
Post a Comment