July 28, 2010

What a Difference a Year Makes!

Last year, in March, Chris and I decided we were ready to add to our little family. About four months later, we woke up in the morning and I thought about maybe taking a test to see if my guesses were right. So as soon as Chris left for work, I gave in. As the very faint line started to show up, I could feel my heart about to beat out of my chest. I grabbed my camera and took a picture of the line just to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. Sure enough, it showed up on the camera screen. I grabbed another test and tried again just to make sure. This time, the line was even lighter. So, I jumped in the car to go buy a 3rd test, and a digital this time so there would be no mistaking it. Sure enough, PREGNANT!
I think I talked to Chris 3 times that day on the phone, but I wanted to tell him in person, so I kept trying to make all our conversations quick so I could get off the phone before spilling the beans.
When Chris came home, he was on the phone so he stood outside to finish his phone call before coming into the house. I sat on our stairs shaking like crazy and so nervous for him to open the door. When he came in, I ran to him with tears in my eyes and handed him a Father's pregnancy book with a pacifier tied to the front of it. He took one look, his eyes got huge and all he could get out was a little whisper, "You're pregnant?"
A year ago today was when we found out that our whole world was going to change. I will always remember that day and be forever grateful!
Here is a picture of us right after I told him and one of my first belly shots, ha!

Look how blind we are. We had no idea what was headed our way, Suckers! Ha!

Now if I could get back to that weight, that'd be great...

0 comments: