February 23, 2009

Kennedy & Co. Events, LLC.


Hey Everyone! A few weeks ago I confused everyone on my Facebook by posting that I was "officially a business owner," so I suppose I should explain... Well, after being laid off in December, Chris and I started contemplating where I should go and what I should do. I thought about all the great hotels and venues in SL that might need a Wedding/Events coordinator but then realized by doing that, I would be leaving one of my favorite parts of weddings, the floral and decor. But, by going to work at a floral shop, I wouldn't necessarily fulfill my desire for organizing, coordinating and planning. I know, I'm a bit hard to please :) So, then I started getting the "why don't you do it on your own?" comments from several close friends and family followed by receiving LLC papers in my stocking from "Santa." Apparently, the decision had been made, ha!
So, the official announcement... I have started my own Wedding and Event Coordination & Design business, Kennedy & Co. Events. I will be doing coordination of vendors, floorplans & layouts, design, florals, all rentals including tables, chairs, linens, etc., and day-of coordination for both weddings and small events.
Please, if you hear of anyone getting married or planning an event, let them know about me. Anyone is more than welcome to email me for my contact information. You can also view Kennedy & Co.'s new blog here.
emily@kennedyandcompanyevents.com
Wish me luck!!

9 comments:

Aoki Family said...

I love your logo. It looks fantastic! I can't wait for you to do Mia's wedding!

Diane said...

Congrats on your "official" announcement. We love you and are here to support you!
Di and fam

-Amy- said...

CONGRATS Em!! That is awesome! I will spread the word about your services!!

Amelia Lewis said...

I am so proud of you Emily (I soung like I am your mom) but seriously you are an amazing woman! Good Luck and I will be sure to spread the word! Love Ya!
Amelia

AOKI CIRCUS said...

Good luck! I'll spread the word. You should set up a blog just for your events so that people can see pictures of the things you do... Just a thought.

Mike and Lauren said...

Congrats Emily! We are excited for you and know you will do great!

DJ and Paige Lewis said...

Wow Emily, this sounds great! You will do such a great job with your company. You have the right style and taste. Even though I am halfway across the world, if I know anyone in Utah that needs you, I will let them know! How are you? Hope things are well!
Love,
Paige

Candace said...

Emily you are so awesome and I know you will be absolutely amazing. Too bad most of us are married HUH!! You look so beautiful at that wedding, I love your bangs! anyway I miss you. I can't believe one of my best friends started her own business and I didn't even know about it!! Anyway I love you tons. We may be coming out for disney on ice in march (middle of the month). But I can' think of much I have going on until may. I will look at my work schedule to make sure for weekends and what days I have off. Love ya tons and miss you. love candace

Tiffany Morton said...

Congratulations!