Some of you may not know that cooking is one of our FAVORITE things to do in the Kennedy house. Whenever we have a free weekend, we spend at least one of the days cooking. Some of you may have noticed, new recipes seems to eventally always come up in every conversation with me lately...
The only problem I run into is remembering the ones we like so we can make them again. Chris always tells me, "You always make my favorite things when people come over, then we never have leftovers!" Ha!
So, I decided to start posting some of our favorites. One, so we can remember and save them, but also so that I can share them with those of you who might want to try them. I am going to try to post at least one easy recipe and one that takes more motivation per month. Stay tuned for some of the Kennedy Favorites...
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Quick & Easy
My sister, Lindsay, shared this simple recipe with me years ago and it has become one of our Autumn staples. I always double the recipe because we like BIG cookies :) Enjoy!!
1 cup Softened Butter
3/4 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 cup Pure Pumpkin
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 1/4 cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 bag Milk Chocolate Chips
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, cream the first 6 ingredients together and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the next 5 ingredients. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into your pumpkin mixture until well incorporated then fold in the bag of chocolate chips.
Drop spoonfulls onto a non-stick or parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet and bake about 11-12 minutes.
Makes about 2 dozen.
October 27, 2008
Kennedy Favorites
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Okay.... I can totally make a dairy-free version of this. Leave out the chocolate chips (I don't like chocolate but fyi... there are soy chocolate chips) and use soy butter. Mmmm!!!
For the pumpkin... do I but pure pumpkin in a can or is it a pumpkin puree?
See you next week!!!
ew, yummy- and you weren't kidding about the BIG cookies.
xoxo,
Di
Post a Comment