We had saved all year to take a trip to New York to catch one of the last games in Yankee Stadium before they tore it down. So, at the end of September, we finally got to go!!! We crammed so many fun things into only 7 days.
Obviously, the highlight of the trip, BASEBALL!! The Yankees played against the Baltimore Orioles and went the first 8 innings without a single run. Finally in the bottom of the ninth inning, the Yankees won with a walk-off double!! It was so awesome to see such a historical place and there was so much emotion in the air, as it was the second to last EVER home game at the old stadium! We were so glad we got to see it!
We spent a lot of time wandering the streets and shopping in Midtown, Greenwich Village, Soho and even Williamsburg. We even learned how to get by on the subways, thanks to our friends Cydni & Adam.
Here are a few more pictures from the trip:
Yes, I drug Chris to the Regis and Kelly Show! Front row!! That is Gelman in the way of me taking a picture. After he stepped on my toe, Regis told him to "be nice to that young lady!" Ha!
Did you see in the news about David Blaine hanging upside-down for 60 hours in Central Park? Then did you hear about the wonderous "Dive of Death"? Apparently only one of those worked as planned!
We went and saw "Wicked" for the second time and also we were fortunate enough to get tickets to a matinee to "All My Sons" starring Katie Holmes, John Lithgow & Diane Weist. It was phenomenal!! Afterwards, we got to see Katie (yes, first-name basis) and get an autograph!
Through Vacation Rentals By Owner we found this amazing condo on the 23rd floor right in the middle of Rockefeller Plaza. So, every morning, we would walk out the front doors to Dean & Deluca, get our coffee and then watch the filming of the Today Show.
Another thing we did that I loved was take the Water Taxi from Williamsburg down around Battery Park, past the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island, past the Financial District, past Greenwich Village and up to Chelsea Piers. The weather was so nice and it was fun to see all the views from the water.
Hands down, this was one of our favorite trips together, and we so look forward to our next trip to the Big Apple!!
October 21, 2008
Our Trip to the Big Apple...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Emily!! I love that you are a blogger geek now too!! Ha Ha! Oh I'm so jealous of your trip to NY! We wanted to take a girls trip to NY just to go Christmas shopping three years ago, but my sisters keep having kids! Geez! They need to hold off until I have some NY retail therapy! Well you look great and you guys look so happy! Maybe we can meet up again someday? I'll be in the beehive state over XMas holidays, but it sounds like you'll be traveling abroad. Tell your awesome fam HI for me!!
Welcome to the blogging world! I am thrilled you are doing this now!
Note to self: travel with Chris and Em from now on!
Love you, see you soon!
I'm so glad that you have a blog. You take as many pictures as me, so now you have a place to keep them in order. You'll love it!
P.S. Rachel had to forward me your email, you little stinker.
I am so pumped that you have a blog-it looks like you guys had so much fun in NYC! I love you guys!
Amelia
Most excellent blog! Bloggerrific! I would like to point out the impeccable form on my right jab that you captured so nicely. Thanks for the laughs...but seriously, good job on the blog!
Suzanne
Hey What up? This is your long lost friend Cory J. I am living in Albuquerque going to grad school at the University of New Mexico. It looks like your doing well and still living in SLC? It was fun checking out your blog. I am a proud new father of a baby girl. Take care.
Post a Comment