Wow! I think I could win an award for the world's worst blogger! It has been about 6 months since the last time I wrote anything on here. So, here goes...
Austin's first birthday was so much fun! His Grandpa and Grandma Lankford along with Aunt Lindsay and Matt came for the weekend and a ton of other friends and family were able to make the party!
We had the party at a small park here in Salt Lake and it happened to be one of the very few sunny days we had this spring. Here are some pictures from right before his birthday, some fun ones from the party followed by some 1 year old shots of him.
The trials of learning to walk...
Just a week before his birthday, Austin tripped and fell into our footboard. Of course we were sitting in the waiting room at the doctor's office, him dripping blood, me in tears and he's waving at people walking by! To try and avoid bad scarring, the doctor chose to glue it rather than stitch it closed.
Right before his birthday, we were able to make a quick trip to my Grandma's house in Kansas. She and Austin hadn't met yet, so it was good to finally get out there! Poor guy was sick all weekend, but he managed to have some fun.
We finally got our 4 generations picture!
1 Year!!
Okay, so I might have gone a little overboard on decorations. I couldn't help myself!
I made Austin a sugar-free banana cake and covered it with cream cheese frosting. He took his sweet time eating it, he loved it...
It started to get cold, so we opened all his presents at home. He was so excited and had to take time to play with each one before moving to the next.
This cupcake, on the other hand, was full sugar. He was in heaven!











0 comments:
Post a Comment