Well, we're down to one more month until Austin's 1st birthday! He is officially walking, and my house is officially on high alert since he is into EVERYTHING! When people would tell me that he would be everywhere as soon as he walked, I thought "well, just by crawling, he pretty much gets into whatever he wants." I was wrong! The combination of walking along with the curiosity to open cabinets and drawers, climb the stairs and get into everything that isn't a toy and then paired with complete fearlessness is about to drive me over the edge!
Austin is getting to be so much fun, though, as he starts to make more sense of everything around him. He started holding the phone to his mouth, open books and start babbling, aiming the remote at the TV and all sorts of other little things that make you realize that he has been paying attention to everything.
We've got big plans for his birthday party and are excited to have family coming in town to help celebrate.
Utah basketball with Daddy and Grandpa
This happened literally in about 2 seconds while I reached into the sink to load the dishwasher. I'm lucky that was just one of his spoons he pulled out to wave at me and not a knife!
My parents gave him this monkey that he just loves! One night when he was throwing a fit about getting his pajamas on, Chris decided to dress the monkey instead. Austin thought it was pretty funny.
He still LOVES the bathtub. Every night Chris gets him undressed while I turn on the water, then Austin comes running in naked and tries to dive in head first.
We went to St. George for a weekend with Chris' brother and his wife and baby. Here are the kids ready for the pool. So cute!
My mom had once told me that I hated crawling on the grass when I was a baby and that the blanket was the best babysitter cause if it were out in the middle of the grass, I wouldn't crawl off it. Looks like someone inherited the same dislike.
Little leprechaun
11 months!





0 comments:
Post a Comment