June 29, 2010

2 Months!

This is a little late, but Austin turned 2 months a couple weeks ago and I am finally posting about it. (Sorry to some of you, these monthly posts may start to get boring, feel free to skip past them. I am mostly posting this so I have it somewhere and for my parents who don't get to see him regularly.)
At the time he turned 2 months, Austin had been sleeping about 8-9 hours each night for about a week and a half. He is such a great baby and always so happy! He is smiling a ton and never really seems to fuss. We are trying to deal with some reflux issues though. I woke up at about 4:00 in the morning the other day to him gagging and not breathing for about 15 seconds. Yeah, I thought I was going to have a heart attack! It didn't seem to really bother him at all though. After that, he did it every night and during most naps. Luckily the doctor gave us some tips and said that I could make the call to go on Zantac whenever I felt it was getting worse or that it was bothering him.
He is getting really strong with his neck and legs and holds his head up when you hold him over your shoulder. He loves his playmat, smiling back when you talk to him, baths and, of course, his pacifier.

We gave him his first bottle when he was about 5 weeks old. I had heard all this stuff on how babies sometimes reject it, especially when mom is around, so I got it all set up for Chris to give it to him. Well, before I could even leave the room, Austin had latched right on and started guzzling it down. I was a little disappointed, I at least wanted him to fight it a little bit, ha!

Austin loves baths! I swear he would sit in the bath and let you pour water down him all day. We went to St. George and didn't bring his tub, so this is what we came up with. He was so content.

He is always smiling, but when you bring out the camera to take a picture, he gets distracted. So, you have to trick him in order to get a smile.

I took these the day he got his 2 month shots, so I never really got a smile out of him.

TWO MONTHS!
I stole this cute idea of taking a picture each month with a stuffed animal to see how big they grow throughout the year. And, yes Helen, I did make the onsies.

0 comments: