We had our 20 week ultrasound last Monday and due to being busy and out of town for Thanksgiving, I am finally posting the results. So, the baby was breech (meaning feet near my pelvis and head up toward my belly button, please excuse, I never really knew what that meant until now) and facing my back. Because of this, the technician couldn't get a great profile picture. She also couldn't get a great view of the heart, which means we'll be going back in a few weeks for another look. She did however, say that everything looked healthy including what she could see of the heart. This really doesn't worry me much, I'm actually a little glad that we get another ultrasound :) I was also grateful that my sister, Lindsay, was in town and got to come with us so she could translate the doctor's jargon and also know what to look for/ask about.
We also found out that my placenta is a little bit too low, which could cause problems later with delivery. The technician said that pretty much 95% of the time it moves up as your uterus grows more, but if not, a c-section would probably be necessary. I am also not really worried about this either as I had heard about this before we went in.
The most exciting news we found out is that we are having a BABY BOY!! We are so excited to meet the little guy!! So, here are a couple pictures that might be a little hard for you to interpret, but I'll try to explain...

Toward the top and about center is his little left hand, you can see the four fingers.

This picture is a little creepy looking, but it is because it is of his skull. It is a front-on shot of his face. So, the smaller black circle to the left and middle is one of his eyes, with the nose in the center. The bigger black circle above the eye is his forehead/brain. I like his cute little jaw-line and chin.

This picture is of his waist and down. So, mainly his legs stretching toward the right of the picture. He has his little legs crossed at the ankles, just chillin'.

Baby's first footprint :)

Baby Boy! I have a feeling this is the first of mom embarassing him ;) So If you don't get it, this is a picture of his bum on the left with his legs stretched to the right and the family jewels in the middle, haha! Really kinda interesting though, that little black circle is his bladder.

Finally here is a belly picture at a little over 20 weeks. Please disregard the greasy mullet thing I've got going on with my hair.



2 comments:
Look at your cute bumpie! I can't wait to meet your little heart breaker. Mia will soon have her first crush!
That is seriously the cutest baby bump I have ever seen:) I am so excited that its a boy! They are so much fun. If you ever need any boy advice, I am your girl!!!haha
Post a Comment