So, I wanted to catch up on my blog before blurting out our new news. But, first it was hard to keep the secret as long as we did, I couldn't put it off any longer. Secondly, it's been a little hard to concentrate on anything else. Anyhow, here are (finally) a few posts about the end of our summer. Hopefully I can catch up now!
I am so so lucky to have a very close group of girlfriends from college, and it isn't a small group! We all met in our Delta Gamma days (with the exception of Cassi, who I grew up with and conned into moving to Salt Lake after she graduated high school) and have remained BFF's ever since. Although we have all taken our different routes in life, we are all very dedicated to getting back together at least once a year for a fun trip and then again for our annual Christmas party.
This year we took our trip, minus Helen :(, to Hanna, Utah for a Dude Ranch Trip! Brandee's Aunt and Uncle opened up their cabin for all eight of us to take over. I don't think they had any idea what they were getting themselves into. So over the long weekend, we hiked, fished, took a 2 hour horseback ride through the mountains, sang campfire tunes around the fire, played horseshoes, BBQ'd, danced, drank and laughed a ton. Oh, we even took over a local cowboy bar on the last night (I don't think the cowboys knew what they were getting themselves into either!). We all agreed this was the best way for all of us to celebrate 10 years of the best company a girl could ask for.
The first afternoon we got there, we went on a hike. Many thanks to the park ranger that happily took this picture for us. L to R: Me, Cydni, Suzanne, Cassi, Brandee, Mary, Diana, Jen, missing Helen :(
The first night, all the cowboys came over to serenade us with campfire songs!

Cassi's artistic rendition of our horseback ride. Ha!
One of the views from our ride. It was extremely hard to take a clear picture from the saddle, this is one of the only ones that worked out. So pretty though!

The Crew
Hanging out on the patio.
We kept teasing Brandee and Suzanne that they were going to be on the next cover of Field and Stream Magazine.
Cheers to the last 10 years and many more to come! I love you ladies!



0 comments:
Post a Comment